About Me

Monday 11 February 2013

Be careful


Today I decided to explore the area around Chrysospiliotissa church in Deftera. I parked my car at the foot of the hill which holds the church and was getting ready to start my walk.


A man emerged from the car parked next to mine in full 'gear', wellies, heavy anorak and a heavy bag (apparently for storing things he was going to pick from the nearby fields). He saw me getting ready and immediately said:
'Be careful, it's dangerous'!
I asked why to which he replied:
'There are snakes and it's dangerous', and he continued 'they're still hibernating, but be careful'
I told him I was going to walk following the path I could see climbing up the hill,
'Ah that's OK' he told me, 'that's safe. Anyhow the snakes are still hibernating' he ended and walked off.

I started walking and I was thinking about this conversation (which came out of nowhere) and thought about how many times people, through their own fears, put us off doing what we set out to do. Most people would have stopped dead in their tracks if somebody came and told them to be careful because there are snakes. The funny thing is that he warned me about something that was not even 'real' since the snakes are still hibernating!!!

We do the same in our life. When somebody tells us all the negatives about a situation we choose to become fearful and give up. We basically live our life through the fears of others, instead of choosing to go forward no matter what.

This is what separates the people who go out and conquer the world, from the ones that choose to live their life in fear and prejudice.

Choose to live your life as an adventure!

Annie Pattichi
Transformational Life Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

cool